Terms and Conditions – Saucy Dressings
1. Who we are and what we do
- We are Tried and Supplied Ltd, a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 10160106 with our registered office at 24b Smith Terrace, London, SW3 4DL, United Kingdom (“we”, “our” and “us”).
- We own and operate a meal order and delivery service under the name Saucy Dressings, available to consumers in the UK via saucydressings.com (“Website”). We do not prepare and sell meals ourselves. We only provide you with an online platform showcasing different restaurants you can buy meals from (“Restaurant”). Once you have chosen a restaurant and a meal you would like to have, you can order and pay for that meal via our Website. You have to order a meal at least 48 hours in advance. We will take care of the rest so that you can enjoy your meal at home at your chosen time. Our service is limited to the publication of the offer by the Restaurant, the conclusion of orders, the transmission of that order to the Restaurant and the delivery of your order (“Service”). The preparation of the meal, as well as the packaging of the meal, is the responsibility of the Restaurant. Please note that we may not be able to deliver meals from all Restaurants you can choose from. We can only deliver meals from local Restaurants.
- You can find our contact information under clause 15.
- Should we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by e-mail, as provided by you when you place your order.
2. What this document is
- These terms of service (“Terms”) apply to our Service and are part of the contract between us and a consumer using our Service (“you” and “your”).
- Before you submit your order, please read these Terms carefully. These Terms tell you who we are, how we supply products to you, what to do when there is a problem and other important information.
3. Our contract with you
- Upon our acceptance of your order placed via our Website, you will receive an e-mail confirming your order. At that point, a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- Should we not be able to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and you will not be charged for your order. This may happen for example because the Restaurant you ordered from has run out of certain ingredients used in your meal, or because we have identified an error in the price advertised, or because we are unable to meet the delivery deadline specified by you, or because the Restaurant you have chosen is not within the range in which we offer delivery.
- Once your order is accepted, we will assign an order number to you. This number will be helpful should you need to contact us about your order.
- Our Website is solely for use in the UK. We do not currently accept orders from outside the UK.
4. Information about meals
- The Restaurant is responsible for the information displayed on our Website about the Restaurant, the meal and the ingredients and additives used by the Restaurant. We are not responsible nor liable for the information about Restaurants or meals.
- The Restaurant may use ingredients or additives causing allergies or intolerances. Restaurants are responsible to give you allergen information in the description of the meal. We are not liable for any missing or incorrect information about the use of allergens in your meal. If you are allergic to any foodstuffs, you may contact the Restaurant for any allergen information before you place your order.
- When we have images on our Website of meals and their packaging offered by Restaurants, these are for illustrative purposes only. We and the Restaurants will make an effort to display meals as accurate as possible, but because of the nature of food, your meal or packaging may look different from the images.
5. Delivery of meals
- We only provide our delivery service for local Restaurants. You may be able to order from Restaurants we do not provide delivery for.
- In order for us to deliver your order properly, you will need to provide correct and complete address and contact information when you place your order. After you have placed your order, we require you to be available by telephone and e-mail so that we are able to contact you about the delivery status of your order and in the event the courier needs to contact you about your order.
- Someone must be present at the delivery address provided by you on the delivery date and the time range on that date set by us.
- If a failure to deliver your order is your fault, for example because you haven’t arranged for someone to be present at the delivery address to receive your order within the time range on the delivery date, you do not have a right to be refunded for your order.
- If we fail to deliver your order in time (the time range specified when you placed your order, with a margin of 15 minutes before and after) you have the right to be refunded for your order.
- All Digital Prints available through the site are owned or controlled by us and are protected by intellectual property rights.
- Any use of Digital Prints purchased through the site is subject to these Terms of Service. Upon payment of the price of the Digital Print, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Digital Print consistent with these terms.
- You agree that you will download and use Digital Prints for a private, non-commercial use only and that you will not copy, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend, modify, adapt, edit, sub-license or transfer any Digital Prints to anyone else. Nothing in these Terms of Service grants to you any rights other than those expressly set out herein. These Terms of Service do not grant to you any rights in relation to the synchronization, public display, promotional use, commercial sale, resale, reproduction, distribution or commercial exploitation of any Digital Print.
- We will be entitled to obtain injunctive relief against you, in addition to all other remedies that we may have, to enforce these Terms of Service and to prevent your unauthorized use of this site and/or Digital Prints.
- Downloads of Digital Prints are capable of being downloaded to and stored on the hard drive of your computer and then exported, burned or copied. You must adhere to any and all usage restrictions that apply to the Digital Print as set out in these Terms of Service.
- Under the terms of your license to use the Digital Print, you may create physical printed copies of the same Digital Print up to three (3) times over a one (1) year period. Should you wish to exceed this limit, please email email@example.com and we will be able to assist you further.
- To prevent unauthorized use, Digital Prints may carry a digital watermark or other security technology that will not appear on physical copies of the Digital Prints but which would allow us to identify the origin of the Digital Print and track any subsequent unauthorized transfer. You agree to not attempt to remove any such watermark or circumvent such security technology in any way.
7. Requirements to access the digital prints
- In order to access and download Digital Prints you will need:
- Internet access; and
- A personal desktop computer or mobile device capable of opening the Digital Prints, which will be delivered as JPEG files.
- You acknowledge and agree that the provision of all these requirements is your responsibility and is at your own cost. You are also responsible for ensuring that any hardware you use to download and/or access Digital Prints functions correctly with this site.
- You acknowledge that due to industry/technology developments, the nature of the Digital Prints offered (including format of files, operating systems, downloading software, etc.) and the system requirements may change from time to time. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to update our site with information relating to system requirements.
8. Availability and delivery of the digital prints
- All Digital Prints featured on our site are subject to availability. We reserve the right to change or remove a Digital Print or other content on the site at any time without notice or liability to you or to any third party. For example, we may have obtained rights from third parties to make the Digital Print available and, in the event we lose these rights, we may need to remove the Digital Print from the site and make it unavailable for purchase.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our Digital Prints to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction or to reject any order we receive. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any Digital Prints that we offer. All descriptions of Digital Prints or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any Digital Print at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
9. Cancellation of your order
- Because of the nature of our products and services, you are not entitled to cancel your contract with us once you have placed your order, unless otherwise indicated.
- We may cancel your order if what you have ordered is no longer available, for example due to an unprecedented demand, or if you have provided us with false or incorrect information, or in case of events outside our control.
- In the event we cancel your order, you are entitled to a full refund. The refund shall be made into the same account as the one from which the payment has been made.
- Once you have submitted your order and we have confirmed your order, you are obliged to pay for your order. We collect payments on behalf of Restaurants. You agree to use the payment methods offered on our Website to fulfil payment.
- A delivery charge will be added to the price of the meal. The total payable price will be confirmed to you on the checkout page before you submit your order. Prices on our Website are inclusive of VAT.
- We or the Restaurant reserve the right to change prices at our discretion at all times. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we reserve the right not to accept your order at that price. In that case, we will notify you of the correct price and give you a choice either to proceed with your order at the correct price or to cancel your order and be fully refunded for the price paid.
- From time to time, we may advertise promotions on our Website. Such promotion is at our and the Restaurant’s discretion and will usually only be valid for a limited amount of time, to be communicated to you on the Website.
11. If you are not satisfied with your order
- Should you not be satisfied with the quality of your product, please let us know via e-mail. We will liaise with the respected vendor to deal with your query or complaint on a case by case basis.
- Should you not be satisfied with our Service, please let us know via e-mail and we will deal with your query or complaint.
- We will respond to your complaint as soon as possible, but always within one week from the day we receive your complaint.
- Complaints as described in clauses 8.1 and 8.2 must be filed promptly within due time after you have detected the shortcomings, be fully and clearly described and filed with us via our contact details. Depending on the nature of your complaint, we may ask you to provide evidence (such as photographs).
- You can find our contact details under clause 15 (Contact).
12. Data protection
13. Use of our Website
- Use of our Website is at your own risk. We provide our Website on an ‘as is’ basis.
- We do not guarantee that our Website will be available at all times, nor that it is secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology and computer programmes to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You agree not to misuse our Website or Service or help or assist anyone else to do so.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- You must not test the vulnerability of our Website or network or breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures.
- You acknowledge that from time to time we may apply updates to our Website and that such updates may result in changes in the appearance and/or functionality of the Website (including the addition, modification, or removal of functionality, features, tools or content).
14. Intellectual property rights
As the owner (or licensee) of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in all content published on it, we reserve all such rights. All works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any content on our Website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
15. Changes to these Terms
From time to time we may make changes to these Terms. If we make any changes that affect your rights in relation to our Service, we will notify you. Changes do not affect orders that have been confirmed by us.
- If either we or you have any right to enforce these Terms against the other, that right will not be lost even if the person who has the right delays enforcing it, or waives their right to enforce it in any instance.
- If a court or other authority decides that any part of these Terms is illegal or ineffective, the rest of the Terms will be unaffected and will remain in force.
17. Which laws apply and where you can bring proceedings
- These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- If you wish to bring legal proceedings against us, you can do so in a court in England and Wales.
If you have any questions, feedback or recommendations or you would like to contact us otherwise, please do so via e-mail or in writing:
24b Smith Terrace
London, SW3 4DL