Foodie Christmas Present Ideas
“Adulthood is when your expenditure on Christmas presents exceeds the value of gifts you expect to receive”
Economist John Kay, quoted on The Browser
Reviewing Saucy Dressings from when it started, here are a selection of ideas for anyone you know who is interested in food – or drink – that should cover 98% of your needs!
- one of Penny German’s gorgeous daily oil sketches of fruit or vegetables. For more about her use of pattern, and what food photographers can learn from it, follow this link.
- confit of duck – and print out five things to do with confit of duck to go with it. Watching the dosh – make some yourself, put it in a kilner jar, adorn with ribbon. Voilá.
- a piece of mature mimolette cheese together with some charcoal hearts and a good bottle of port
- a good bottle of whisky – try the difference between whisky and whiskey; green spot; and the battle of the titans for some ideas. Give it with a beautiful decanter with a wooden stopper.
- truffle honey – print out what to do with truffle honey and give it with the jar
- dark and rich maple syrup – go here
to find out how to choose the best
- beautiful, embroidered fish cushion made by Fine Cell Work
- The Big Ronnie chopping board made by Rough Stuff
- make your own black olives with herbs and garlic
- a porcelain jar of Gentleman’s Relish and a sheet of ideas for what to do with it
- a homemade jar of roasted artichoke hearts
- a bottle of
- a jar of matjes
- a bag of Aberdeen biscuits
- a box of membrillo – plus some ideas of what to do with it
- arty wooden spatula
- a bottle of Christmas-tasting Ardbeg Uigeadail