La Salade 632 – Mango And Prawn Salad
A year or so before my mother died a friend of hers very generously paid for her to fly to the States, first class.
Afterwards, when discussing possible visits to other countries, she would declare, “it’s only worth going there if you can go first class”, and needless to say, the trip to the States was the last time she sallied forth to foreign climes.
The starter for the magnificent banquet laid out before her by the attentive attendants on British Airways flight 632 to New York was this successful melange, recreated for my mother by the very generous friend.
Recipe for La Salade 632 – prawn and mango salad
- 450g/1 lb cooked king prawns
- 6 baby lettuce hearts – or some rocket or shredded watercress, something with bit of oomph
- 4 ripe mangoes
- 4 ripe avocados
- plenty of fresh coriander. If you don’t like coriander you could use tarragon
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of two oranges
- juice of two limes
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
NB NO SALT AND PEPPER
- Separate and wash the lettuce leaves, shred.
- Clean the mango and cut into sections – there’s a very simple way – go here to find out how.
- Clean the avocado.
- Combine with the herbs and the prawns.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients to make a dressing.
- Combine and serve.
2014 © Saucy Dressings