Lime, Tomato And Coriander Salad
This is a really fresh-tasting salad, simple and easy.
It looks very pretty as the green of the coriander, lime zest and spring onion complements the red of the tomatoes.
It’s also good with avocado added.
It goes well with the taco-topped and tomatoed beef pie.
Recipe for Lime, Tomato and Coriander Salad
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 6 spring onions
- 1 lime
- small bunch of coriander
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- smoked salt, freshly ground Indonesian long black pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Core and slice the tomatoes thinly onto a flatish dish, or into a pretty bowl.
- If they are not Mediterranean tomatoes sprinkle with caster sugar, and season them.
- Take the zest off the lime, reserve and squeeze the juice into the dressing bottle.
- Add the olive oil.
- Snip the coriander around the tomatoes.
- Slice the spring onions thinly including about an inch (2 cm) of the green part.
- Sprinkle over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle over the lime zest.
- Pour the dressing over (to cover) the whole.