This is a dish which is quite easily made, but you do need to allow a bit of time – it might take half an hour. It’s different and interesting.
Serve with piccatina di vitello al limone and maybe some crushed lemony potatoes. It’s also good with beef, and with chicken.
Recipe for medley of artichoke hearts, peas and leeks
For two as a main course, or four as a starter
• 3 x medium sized leeks
• 530g jar artichoke hearts in olive oil
• 4 sundried tomatoes
• 75g good quality salami– or 15 good quality pitted black olives, halved
• Smoked salt and Indonesian long pepper
• A few strands of thyme
• 150g/1½ cups frozen peas
• Grated zest of half a lemon
• Butter – knob or two
1. pour a little of the oil from the artichoke heart jar into a large frying pan, together with a couple of walnuts of butter.
2. While that’s happening slice the leeks very thinly – add to the pan. Cook gently until they are truly cooked through – allow time for this.
3. Meanwhile cut the artichoke hearts in half – add to the pan.
4. Chop the sun dried tomatoes – add to the pan.
5. Cut the salami into dice – add to the pan.
6. Add in the frozen peas – they don’t need to be defrosted. You may need to add a little more oil from the artichoke jar.
7. Season the lot. Add in the lemon zest and the thyme.
Music to cook to
Here is The Medley Song.…