I sometimes need to create a quick lunch with the minimum of ‘freshies’. Where that is the case this is what I conjure up with the use of prawns, beans, and feta!
Recipe for storecupboard prawns, beans, and feta
- 1 large yellow or green pepper
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed with ½ tsp salt
- 6 spring onions
- 300g/11 oz frozen prawns
- 1 400g/14 oz tin of beans – cannellini or butter
- 2 tbsps white vermouth
- 200g/7 oz feta
- olive oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- a few sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Defrost the prawns.
- Deseed and destalk the pepper and cut into bite-sized strips.
- Snip in the white part of the spring onions – keep the rest for garnish later.
- Add the garlic. Add the drained beans, add the prawns. Mix through well. Add the vermouth. Stir again. Add the pepper. Stir again.
- Crumble over the feta. Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes – until the feta begins to melt and turn golden.
- Garnish with a few bits of snipped green spring onion, and some thyme leaves.
For more recipes using prawns, go here!