This is a dip which is unusual and always popular – I can tell because I often get asked for the recipe. The idea comes originally from caterers supporting an influencer event for the Danish jewellery brand, Pandora but since then it’s been tweaked, twisted and reimagined.
It’s quick and easy to make too.
Celery and cashew nuts dip
Serves – 5
- 3 sticks of celery, plus some of the leaves.
- 100g/¾ cup cashews
- 80 ml/⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp yoghurt
- De-string the celery and cut into about 1.5”/4 cm long.
- Microwave at 600 W in a tall plastic container for 15 minutes. Blend with a stick blender.
- Add the cashew nuts, blend again.
- Add the olive oil in a slow stream as you continue to blend.
- Season, blend again.
- Add the yoghurt, blend again.
- Serve, garnished with some of the snipped leaves and maybe a few additional chopped cashews.