A cracking good chicken and cauliflower salad with pistachios and other good things
This is a salad with which to ring the changes. The tahini in the dressing enphasises the nuttiness of the cauliflower, and, of course, the pistachios.
Chicken and cauliflower salad with pistachios and other good things
Serves – 4
- 1 fat chicken breast, cooked; or leftovers from your roast
- 30g/¼ cup pistachios, dry fried
- 70g/3 oz rocket or watercress
- 1 jar/280g/10 oz artichoke hearts in oil (ideally olive)
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets and roasted in olive oil for about 15 minutes in a hot (210°C) oven
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 3 tbsps oil from the artichokes
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Snips of fresh herbs: sage or mint
- Smoked salt and some Urfa pepper flakes
- Make up the dressing by mixing the yoghurt, oil from the artichokes, the lemon zest and juice, the tahini and whatever fresh herbs you are using. Season, taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Lay the rocket (washed if you need to) over a pretty serving platter.
- Slice the chicken and place artistically over the bed of rocket. Do the same with the artichoke hearts (which you’ve drained of the remaining oil) and the cauliflower florets.
- Scatter the pistachios over, and snip over the spring onions.
- Drizzle over the dressing, and serve with crusty bread.