Hot and Peachy Chicken
In the winter you can cook the same dish using dried apricots soaked in Earl Grey tea, and adding roast squash and spinach to the rice.
It’s easy and quick to cook and freezes fine.
Recipe for hot and peachy chicken
- 1 kg/2 lbs chicken chunks (approximately four breasts). You could also use leftover chicken
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil (or you can use the oil from the sundried tomatoes)
- 2 white peaches (or ordinary peaches, or nectarines, or 16 dried apricots soaked in Earl Grey tea, or in extremis, tinned)
- 120 ml/half a cup of red martini or marsala (marsala is best)
- 8 sundried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- a half tsp of Byadgi chilli, Aleppo pepper, or Spanish sweet, smoked paprika
- smoked salt
- handful of coriander or parsley
1. put the flour into a bowl with the salt and pepper.
2. cut the chicken into small pieces and coat in the flour
3. fry the chicken in hot rapeseed oil, sprinkling over the dried chilli
4. add the sun dried tomatoes and the peaches
5. when you feel confident that the chicken is cooked add the marsala and the balsamic vinegar
6. chop the coriander (including some of the stalks)
7. when the liquid has reduced a little, take off the heat and sprinkle with the coriander