What to do with leftover cabbage
This is a lively, fresh-tasting winter salad, and a good way to use up leftover cabbage that hasn’t been cooked to death.
You can also do this very successfully with leftover Brussels Sprouts. Plenty of those around at this time of year!
Recipe for Asian Cabbage and Cashew Salad, or what to do with leftover cabbage
• 250g/9 oz leftover cabbage
• A few sprigs of coriander
• Pinch of Urfa pepper flakes
• 50g/⅓ cup cashews – dry-fried
• 2 tbsp black sesame seeds or furikake
Ingredients for the dressing
• Juice and zest of a lime
• 2 tbsps sesame oil
• 1 fat clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
• 1 tbsp thick, rich soy sauce
• About a thumb’s length of freshly grated ginger
1. Put the cabbage into a salad bowl.
2. Make the dressing, shake well, and dress and toss the cabbage.
3. Serve topped with the other salad ingredients. Mix again, just before serving.