The Best Breadslicer… or Anything Slicer
I recently had to buy a new bread slicer…. well, in fact it’s not a dedicated slicer of bread, it can slice anything – ham, salami etc… but primarily I use mine for slicing bread to put in the freezer.
I used to have a semi-professional machine made by Braun which was excellent, but they have ceased to make it, so the search was on for a replacement.
There are not many on the market and those that are available are mostly cheap, difficult to control, and generally flimsy.
The best of all of them, at a reasonable price, was this one by Andrew James. Why?
- The slicing mechanism is the best I found among the smaller, domestic slicers
- The on/off button is big and easy to get at
- You can vary the width of the slice with more exactitude thanks to the calibrated dial
- The hinges open wider so that it is easier to clean
- The guard protects your fingers better against unwanted severing!
- You can take the blade off completely for cleaning and changing
However, if you are looking for something truly professional, look no further than the superb result of a Cannon and Cannon and Italian specialist company, Noaw, collaboration – this slicer.