This is a salad which I invented specially to go with sweetbreads, but since then I’ve discovered that it’s good with all sorts of dishes. To ring the changes you could try adding in either spring onions, or avocados…. or even both!
- About a cup of mixed salad leaves including some bitter red rucola leaves
- 1 cup cooked peas (if using frozen, go here)
- 2 tbsps capers (if in brine, soak in milk and rinse thoroughly to get rid of the vinegar taste)
- Juice and zest of half a lemon (use some of it for your sweetbreads)
- 3 tbsp good quality truffle oil (the type that’s seen a truffle)
- Smoked salt and Indonesian long pepper
- Chop the salad leaves quite small and mix everything else together.