This goes well with fish, especially salmon as the green looks very pretty with the pink fish.
- 100g/4oz washed spinach
- 100g/4oz chervil or flat leaved parsley
- 240ml/1 cup double cream
- Three fifths of a pack of butter (150g/5 oz), cut into small cubes, approx. 1 cm
- Ten grinds of nutmeg
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- Smoked salt and pepper
- Put the cream in a saucepan and heat gently until it starts to bubble (do NOT let it boil)
- Take any stems off the spinach, chop roughly, and put it in a wok with a lid for a couple of minutes until it’s wilted. Drain it.
- Chop the parsley finely, you can use the stems if you don’t mind them looking a bit odd, but they contain a lot of flavour. Chop them very small.
- When the cream has reduced to about half, whisk in a couple of cubes using your cappuccino whisk
- When the butter has been incorporated whisk in another couple of cubes, repeat until all the butter has been used and the sauce has started to thicken.
- Add in the parsley or chervil and the spinach; and the seasoning and mustard
- Keep warm and serve with fish