Yes – they’re rich, crisp and chocolatey…. the mustard gives a bit of pep
The dough freezes so you can make ahead.
Makes about 60
- 250g/a pack/8 oz butter
- 250g/8 oz/1¼ cups golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp blood (if possible) orange juice
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 8 tbsp good quality (Dutch if possible) cocoa powder
- 280g/10 oz/2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Indonesian long black pepper – about ten grinds
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- Mix the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until fluffy.
- Beat the rest of the ingredients in one after the other
- Roll up into a long sausage shape on a piece of greaseproof paper and squash into the shape you want – I think they look good oval as in the photograph but if you were ambitious you could try a heart shape.
- Chill for a minimum of an hour
- Slice to about ¼”/1 cm and bake for about ten minutes