Snappy-earthy Green Salad – Sugar Snap Peas And Artichokes
“After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual “food” out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps.”Miss Piggy
The crunchiness of the peas and the earthiness of the roasted artichokes compliment each other rather well. If you use artichoke hearts you don’t need to worry about Miss Piggy’s concerns about artichokes.
This salad goes well with the warm salad of new potatoes and smoked salmon.
Recipe for snappy-earthy green salad – sugar snap peas and artichokes
- 300g/12 oz sugar snap peas
- 9 artichoke hearts – ideally roasted, and definitely NOT in vinegar. La Cerignola from Puglia Shop Online are some of the very best available.
- 300g pecans, dry fried and chopped Link
- 6 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- smoked salt and Indonesian long black pepper
- Dry fry the pecans – follow this link to find out how.
- Steam the sugar snaps for about three minutes – DO NOT OVERCOOK – the whole idea is that they remain crunchy. Refresh them under cold water to keep them looking bright green.
- Roast your artichoke hearts if they aren’t roasted already and cut into quarters.
- Mix up the dressing.
- Toss all together into one earthy-snappy concophonation (and yes, I do know that word will not be found in the Oxford English).