Black olive and white fish luscious lunch open sandwich
This is a simple lunch, and it’s a good one for using up leftover white fish. What is absolutely essential for its success, however, is the roll with black olives. If you can’t find any of those then you are either scuppered, OR you could try a plain roll and adding in two or three black olives….but it won’t have quite the same finesse!
Recipe for black olive and white fish luscious lunch
Serves one greedy – or hungry – person
- 100g/4 oz white fish – cooked, can be leftover, can be boil in a bag…or fresh…poach in milk or roast for ten minutes or so until no longer opaque.
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise…maybe more – I use Dr Will’s – it tastes more natural and it is more natural – follow this link to find out why.
- 4 large fat prawns
- 1 black olive roll
- Smoked salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Drizzle of good finishing oil
- 1 radish
- Butter for spreading
- The odd small lettuce leaf
- Cut the roll horizontally and toast it.
- Meanwhile mix the fish with the mayonnaise – how much you need depends on the dryness of the fish, so add tablespoon by tablespoon. Season, and taste.
- Butter the two cut sides of the roll. Shred the lettuce leaves and scatter over. Spread with the fish mixture.
- Top with the prawns. Thinly slice the radish and scatter around.
- Drizzle with some good finishing oil and grind over a bit more pepper.