No-lettuce Green, Avocado and Cucumber Salad
This no-lettuce green, avocado, lime, and cucumber salad goes perfectly with chicken kebabs.
Recipe for no-lettuce green, avocado, lime and cucumber salad
- 2 large avocados
- 1 large cucumber
- Few mint leaves
- 6 spring onions
- 1 small tomato – optional if you want it completely green… or if you have a few borage flowers to add in
- Juice and zest of a lime
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Smoked salt
- 4-5 sichuan peppercorns – ground in a pestle and mortar. Follow this link for more on this lemony non-pepper. These are optional of course!
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds, or black sesame seeds
- Halve the avocados, take out the stone, and take the flesh out of the skin using a grapefruit knife. Chop the flesh and put into a bowl.
- Chop the cucumber – you can leave on the skin if you like.
- Core the tomato, deseed and chop – if using.
- Chop the mint leaves.
- Take off the roots of the spring onion, slice across thinly up into about an inch (couple of cm) of the green, or simply snip in with kitchen scissors.
- Add all to the bowl.
- Mix the dressing in a dressing bottle – add any soft, mushy flesh from the avocado to the mix of olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Shake.
- Add to the salad and dress.
- Garnish with the lime zest, and the poppy or black sesame seeds.
For a post on the best knife for dealing with avocados follow this link.