Clearly, this useful green rocket salad can be made with any peppery green…watercress is an obvious example.
Recipe for rocket salad with olives and walnut dressing
- 90g/3 oz – a small bag of rocket… or watercress
- 2 tbsps of chopped dry-fried walnuts
- 2 tbsps of pitted black olives (ideally Crespo), halved
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- 4 tbsps of walnut oil
- a sprig of rosemary
- smoked salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing by mixing the walnut oil, the juice and zest of the lemon, the seasoning (you could also add a little grainy mustard) and, for heaven’s sake, stir with the rosemary sprig. I just want to assure you that this prissy idea is NOT MINE. Do the stirring… but then pull off a few rosemary needles, chop very finely, and add to the dressing.
- Shred the rocket and put it in a salad bowl along with the walnuts and olives (save some for presentation if you want).
- Dress, and serve.
Music to listen to….
By the time you’ve listened to this, you will have got the salad made! You can always rely on Elton John….