Below we have a robust recipe for a salad of charred red peppers and feta. Because it is quite hearty in terms of flavour, it goes well with less exciting things – some plain baked white fish or example… or a grilled chicken breast. It doesn’t just pep things up in terms of flavour, but also visually – it’s a stunner!
Recipe for sun-drenched red pepper salad
- 4 x roasted, slightly charred red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 x 100g bags/7 oz herb salad, or lambs’ lettuce, or rocket
- 1 x 200g/7 oz blocks good quality feta
- 1 x 70g/2 oz packets of Crespo black olives. Do NOT buy the type in brine
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar pearls – which look wonderful – or just a good quality syrupy make of balsamic vinegar – I use the eight year old from The Fresh Olive Company.
- 2 tsp runny honey
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Indonesian long black pepper
- Blue Persian salt (this looks very pretty on the green leaves, and with the vinegar pearls)
The method is to simply make a dressing of the honey, oil and black pepper, and to arrange everything artistically on a big oval serving platter and pour over the dressing.